Best Online Casinos To Play Blackjack For 2023
# Logo Name Rating Bonus Review Visiting 1 King Billy 140 votes Bonus€2500 + 250 FS Review Review 1 Spinia 104 votes Bonus€250 + 50 FS Review Review 1 CookieCasino 80 votes Bonus€200 + 220 FS Review Review 1 Bob 84 votes Bonus100% up to €500 +10 no deposit FS + 140 FS Review Review 1 Boo Casino 12 votes Bonus€500 + 100 FS Review Review 1 Betchan 47 votes Bonus50% up to €400 + 120 FS Review Review 1 Winny 29 votes Bonus10% cashback Review Review 1 Pino Casino 53 votes Bonus100% up to €150 + 150 FS Review Review 1 Dux Casino 13 votes Bonus$800 + 155 FS Review Review 1 Betamo 38 votes Bonus100% up to €30 + 150 FS Review Review
Players cannot rely solely on luck, though, as they have to learn and master strategies to improve the odds, increase the potential payout, and win the game. Like other online casino table games, there are different blackjack variants, and each has its house edge, unique characteristics, and payouts. Practice quick-thinking and decision-making in this lively card game and win massively (or not). Enjoy gameplay using multiple decks of cards, and race to 21 while trying to place bets that can improve your odds.
Learn more about online blackjack, what casinos to play the game, and strategies to set you on a winning streak.
How To Play Online Blackjack
Before playing online blackjack, you have to learn the rules of the game and the best strategies that can guarantee you frequent wins. Before we delve into that, you have to create an account on a blackjack online casino. Later on in this guide, we will tell you what to look out for when choosing the right online casino, but for now, here is how to register your account.
Follow these simple steps;
- Pick one of our recommended online casinos and visit the website. We review these casinos to ensure they will give you the best gambling experience.
- You would be asked to provide details like your name, phone number, email address and banking details. After filling the required boxes, tick the tiny box to confirm that you are 18 and above.
- You can decide to go straight to a blackjack game and try the free play option. If you are ready to play real money blackjack, you need to fund your account by making a deposit
- Click on the deposit option, and it will redirect you to a page where you can put in your amount and pick a banking option. The best online casinos provide players with multiple payment options, so you are sure to find one that fits your needs. Opt for a fast and reliable one like iDEAL payments.
- After making the deposit, go back to the game arena and pick your preferred blackjack variant. You can play the Classic Blackjack or other variants like European Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack or High Streak Blackjack.
- Play the blackjack card game to your heart’s content. Don’t forget to use the strategies you are about to learn!
Blackjack Rules Explained
As we said earlier, blackjack is a very simple game to learn. The rules are also straightforward, and you need to master them if you want a winning chance. These rules are the same across all online blackjack variations;
- All cards numbered 2-10 maintain their values
- Depending on how it favours your gameplay, an ace can be worth 1 or 11
- All face cards (Jack, Queen, and King) are worth 10
- You win an instant blackjack if your starting hand is an ace and a card worth 10 (a total of 21)
- Once any side gets a bust (has a total above 21), the other wins
- If you split a pair of aces (sharing a pair of the same cards into two hands), you cannot play both
- The banker must continue to hit (take another card) until they have a total of at least 17
- You can choose to stand (hold your total score and miss a turn) if you are satisfied with your total score
- Whenever there is a push (both the player and the banker have the same total value), the banker must refund the bet
Best Online Blackjack Strategy
When playing blackjack, there are several strategies that you can use to beat the odds of the house edge and turn the game in your favour. Learn these simple strategies, and you will have a higher chance of regular payouts.
When players have a pair of identical cards, they can use this simple blackjack strategy that allows them to split the cards and double their bet value. There are specific times when you should use this strategy;
- You should always split a pair of aces and 8s but never split a pair of tens.
- Split a pair of 9s if the banker gets cards 2-9, except 7; else, stand
- Split your pair of 7s if the banker gets cards 2-7; else, hit
- Split your pair of 5s and 6s if the banker gets cards 2-9; else, hit
- Split your pair of 4s if the banker gets cards 5 & 6; else, hit
- Split your pair of 2s and 3s if the banker gets cards 2-7; else, hit
When one of your two hands is an ace, and you count it as 11 and not 1, you have what is known as a soft total. For example, if you have an ace and a number 7 card, you have a soft 18. Here are ways to use the soft total blackjack strategy;
- Always stand soft 20 (an ace and a number 9 card)
- If the banker has cards 5 & 6, double your soft 13 (an ace and a number 2 card) and soft 14 (an ace and a number 3 card), else hit
- If the banker has cards 4 – 6, double your soft 15 (an ace and a number 4 card) and soft 16 (an ace and a number 5 card), else hit
- If the banker holds cards 3 – 6, double your soft 17 (an ace and a number 6 card), else hit
- Double your soft 18 (an ace and a number 7 card) if the banker holds cards 2 – 6, and hit if they hold cards 9 – ace, else stand
- If the banker holds card number 6, double your soft 19 (an ace and a number 8 card), else stand
Unlike soft totals, you have a hard total when one of your two hands is an ace, and you count the ace as 1 and not 11. For example, if you have an ace and a number 6 card, you have a hard 7. Hard totals can also combine any two cards, so you can use this strategy in your gameplay even when your hand does not start with an ace. These are the ways to use this strategy;
- Always hit a hard 8
- If the banker has cards 3 – 6, double your hard 9, else hit
- If the banker has cards 2 – 9, double your hard 10, else hit
- Always double a hard 11
- If the banker has cards 4 – 6, stand on your hard 12, else hit
- If the banker has cards 2 – 6, stand on your hard totals 13, 14, 15 and 16, else hit
- Always stand on your hard totals 17 – 20
Another interesting strategy to use in blackjack is surrendering, which allows you to give up half of your bet amount after seeing your hand and the banker’s face-up card. At this point, you can tell how low your chances of winning might be. This is a great way to save your bankroll when there is little chance of winning.
You should surrender w the banker has cards 9 through ace, and you have a total of 16 or when the banker has a card worth 10, you have a total of 15.
These are not exactly winning strategies, as they do not affect the gameplay. Rather, players use side bets to increase the payback ratio slightly during a hand. Here are three popular bets that can increase your edge and give you a bigger payout;
Perfect Pairs: This is a wager on whether the two cards in your hand would be in the same rank. If they are an exact match, you get a bigger payout.
21 + 3: This bet incorporated poker gameplay into blackjack. It is a winning combination like the straight, flush, or three of a kind between your cards and the banker’s face-up card.
Buster Blackjack: This is a wager on whether the banker would bust. If the banker busts, you win the game and win this bet, resulting in a bigger payout.
Blackjack Tips For Beginners
Online blackjack is an exciting card game for all casino game lovers. The rules are very simple to follow, even as a beginner. You can get the Vegas experience playing blackjack from the comfort of your home.
- Like most casino games, blackjack can be very addictive, so before you start playing, here are some tips to learn and play by; Have a budget: This is an important tip to have as a beginner. The chances that you would lose often are high, so decide how much you are willing to lose early on.
- Try the demo option: Most blackjack variants offer a free play option for players to get acquainted with the gameplay. Use this to master the rules and strategies of the game before risking your money.
- Play on trustworthy online casinos: Always look for casinos with a good reputation. There are several things to look out for when choosing an online casino. They are; player security, software providers, user interface, game catalogue, banking methods, bonuses & promotions, and online players reviews. We will go into this more deeply later on in this guide.
- Claim bonuses: Maximize your winning potential with casino bonuses. Register on generous platforms that give good bonuses that you can use to win real money and reasonable wagering requirements.
Real Money Blackjack Vs. Free Games
You can opt for free blackjack games or real money blackjack game. Free games are a great way to develop your winning strategy and perfect it before risking your own money. All the popular blackjack variants allow demo play for players to try out. These are some of the most popular blackjack variants;
This is the traditional blackjack version. It has the lowest house edge (0.5%) of all the blackjack variants, making it a player’s favourite. This standard game uses 2 to 4 decks of cards and allows splitting and doubling. As a rule, the banker must hit on soft 17.
Like most European casino game variants, European blackjack offers slightly better odds than the traditional game and a better house edge (0.39%). The gameplay is more predictable because it uses only two decks of cards. This gives players more chances of winning, making it the best blackjack variant for beginners. The only disadvantage of this variant is that the banker cannot check if they have a blackjack after dealing the cards. This means that you can keep making bets not knowing you are losing. Other unique rules here are;
- If both the player and the dealer get a blackjack, it results in a tie
- The dealer must always stand on soft 17
- Players can only double down on a card total of 9, 10, or 11
Atlantic City Blackjack
This blackjack variant has a high house edge of 1.31% and uses 4 to 8 decks. Here, aces are only split once, players can only split three times, and they can double on any hand. The banker stands on all hands worth a total of 17 and checks for blackjack when the face-up card is an ace or a card worth 10. A player can surrender if the banker has a blackjack when showing an ace or a card worth 10.
High Streak Blackjack
This blackjack variant uses only two decks of cards and has unique rules like allowing players to split only once per hand. If a player gets a combination of an ace and a card worth 10 after splitting a pair of aces, the result is 21, and it can be beaten by a blackjack. The banker stands on all totals worth 17. Splitting is only possible once per hand, and players can only double down on hard totals of 9, 10, and 11.
Playing Blackjack For Real Money
After learning to play the game with the free play option, you can proceed to play online blackjack real money games. To do this, you have to deposit your preferred online casino. Go for a payment option that is seamless and stress-free.
All reputable online casinos offer several banking methods for players to try, and these methods all have varying processing times and limits. When you play blackjack online with iDEAL payment option, you can make instant deposits to your online casino and play online blackjack for real money immediately.
Some payment options would even add charges for processing the payment, but the blackjack online iDEAL payment option does not. What’s more, when you deposit with this option, you get access to bonuses and promotions. It is also a safer, more secure payment channel as you are not required to drop your bank details when using this option.
Whether making a deposit or withdrawing your winnings, you can be sure of swift, free banking with iDEAL. You do not even need to create an account with them, just check to see if your bank is one of the participating banks on the platform, and you are good to go.
How We Rate Online Casinos For Online Blackjack
We have taken the time to carefully review the best online casinos for blackjack gameplay. To rate these casinos, we looked deeply at what they offer. We asked questions like; How safe is this casino? Is it licensed by any reputable regulatory bodies? What are the transactions like? These are the most important features we looked out for when picking the best online casinos for online blackjack.
Player SecurityGame Catalog
An online casino’s game portfolio is essential. It must include the best online blackjack real money games, but it should also have other types of games. Blackjack is not the only game you will play in a blackjack online casino. There are many other exciting games, so don’t base your decision on that alone.
The most common games you can find are slots and table games. Look out for slots that have rich graphics and great sound quality. The slots available should also have a high return to player (RTP), up to 97%. You should also ensure that some have progressive jackpots. Look out for standard table games and their fun variations. Other than blackjack, the most important ones to look out for are baccarat, roulette, and Craps.
Bonuses & Promotions
Top-rated online casinos offer generous bonuses and promotions to all their players. This should come in welcome packages that offer match deposit bonuses and cash gifts. They should also offer promotions like tournaments, deposit bonuses, and VIP or loyalty reward programs for existing account holders.
Support Customer Support
Your gambling experience can get ruined if you do not have dedicated customer representatives. You could have transaction issues or need to clarify a requirement. Look out for online casinos that offer prompt response via 24/7 live chat, email, or phone call.
You would see that the games on these online casinos come from reputable software providers. They are all RNG protected, so you are sure of fair gameplay. We looked out for developers like Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Microgaming, and Play’n Go.
Reliable Banking Methods
Like we said earlier, your online casino should offer good banking options for deposits and withdrawals.
You should be able to enjoy online blackjack gameplay anytime, anywhere. Whether you prefer to put your feet up and play from your couch, or you want to place bets on the go, you can. The online casinos in our list have websites compatible with any device, mobile included.
Responsible Gambling Policy
We know that online casino games like blackjack can be very addictive, so we selected online casinos serious about responsible gambling. These casinos offer players a means of limiting or restricting themselves from the gameplay when they need to. Yes, you can. All the game variants offer online blackjack for real money gameplay with huge payouts in toll. Before trying online blackjack real money gameplay, you need to learn the rules of the game and the winning strategies. You should also try free gameplay to master the game before risking your money. The house edge in most blackjack variants is low, so you have a good chance of winning. Also, the games have Random Number Generators (RNG) built-in, so if you are lucky, you can win often. Unlike land-based casino blackjack, card counting does not work on online blackjack casino variants. The popular strategies that can increase your chance of winning are soft totals, hard totals, and splitting. You can also manage your bankroll by surrendering and increasing your payouts using side bets. Read the guide to learn more about these strategies. First, you have to find a reputable casino to play the game. When you find one that suits your needs, deposit money using trusted payment options like the iDEAL blackjack casino payment. After this step, you can enjoy your blackjack gameplay online. Some casinos even have fully optimised websites for mobile gameplay, and others have mobile apps. With these, you can enjoy online blackjack anytime, anywhere. Real money blackjack gameplay is legal in most places, but you need to check the gambling laws of your jurisdiction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. All the game variants offer online blackjack for real money gameplay with huge payouts in toll. Before trying online blackjack real money gameplay, you need to learn the rules of the game and the winning strategies. You should also try free gameplay to master the game before risking your money.
The house edge in most blackjack variants is low, so you have a good chance of winning. Also, the games have Random Number Generators (RNG) built-in, so if you are lucky, you can win often.
Unlike land-based casino blackjack, card counting does not work on online blackjack casino variants. The popular strategies that can increase your chance of winning are soft totals, hard totals, and splitting. You can also manage your bankroll by surrendering and increasing your payouts using side bets. Read the guide to learn more about these strategies.
First, you have to find a reputable casino to play the game. When you find one that suits your needs, deposit money using trusted payment options like the iDEAL blackjack casino payment. After this step, you can enjoy your blackjack gameplay online. Some casinos even have fully optimised websites for mobile gameplay, and others have mobile apps. With these, you can enjoy online blackjack anytime, anywhere.
Real money blackjack gameplay is legal in most places, but you need to check the gambling laws of your jurisdiction.