Best Malta Online Casinos 2022
# Logo Name Rating Bonus Review Visiting 1 Spinia 103 votes Bonus€250 + 50 FS Review Review 2 CookieCasino 80 votes Bonus€200 + 220 FS Review Review 3 Bob 84 votes Bonus100% up to €500 +10 no deposit FS + 140 FS Review Review 4 Boo Casino 12 votes Bonus€500 + 100 FS Review Review 5 Betchan 47 votes Bonus50% up to €400 + 120 FS Review Review 6 Winny 29 votes Bonus10% cashback Review Review 7 Betamo 38 votes Bonus100% up to €30 + 150 FS Review Review 8 Maneki Casino 27 votes Bonus100% up to €333 Review Review 9 Pino Casino 52 votes Bonus100% up to €150 + 150 FS Review Review 10 Dux Casino 13 votes Bonus$800 + 155 FS Review Review
How We Choose and Rate The Best Maltese Online Casinos
We undergo a rigorous process when selecting the best online casino Malta. We compile a list based on certain criteria that must be met. Read through this guide section to determine these criteria and how we picked the casinos above.
Player Safety and Protection
Your safety is the most important on our list. Top-rated online casinos must hold gambling licences issued by reputable bodies that govern gambling activities. These bodies protect players’ interests by enforcing strict rules and regulations. For this guide, we looked at online casinos licenced by MGA.
Player security must be a top priority for any online casino. There are various ways a platform can secure players’ personal and financial data against security breaches. They can do this by using advanced firewalls and SSL encryption on their websites and mobile apps.
Quality Customer Support
The chances of running into some problems when using an online platform are high. It could be deposit or withdrawal issues that a player may need help with. To resolve these issues, an online casino must provide players with a responsive customer representative team. The team should be able to give timely responses via email or 24/7 live chat.
Generous Bonus Terms
Online casinos offer players different bonuses as incentives to get them to sign up and remain on the platform. We looked for generous promotions in welcome packages, free spins, cashback, match deposit bonuses, and loyalty reward programs. We also looked out for bonuses with fair wagering requirements.
Game Selection Variety
The purpose of an MGA online casino is for players to enjoy the gameplay, so you must choose a platform that offers various games. You should look for slots, progressive jackpots, table games, live games, and other games like scratch cards and arcade games. Thes3 games should come from reputable game providers, especially those with an MGA licence.
Secure Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Go for an online casino in Malta that offers players multiple banking means. You should be able to use credit cards like Visa and MasterCard, e-wallets and prepaid cards like Neteller and Skrill, and bank transfers. You should also look out for limits associated with your banking options and processing time.
The beauty of online casino gambling is accessibility. You should get a platform that has a responsive website that is optimized for mobile or a dedicated mobile app.
Maltese Gambling Laws
Malta has very fair gambling laws and taxes, which makes it one of the biggest hubs in the world for the casino industry. The country even sees game developers and gaming houses moving into its territory to obtain gambling licences. So what are these gambling laws pulling lots of casinos into Malta?
- The Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) is the entity in charge of regulating all types of gambling within the jurisdiction of Malta. These include casino gaming like poker and slots, betting like sports and esports, and lotteries.
- Casinos and game providers must have a B2B or B2C licence issued by the MGA.
- Casinos must set responsible gaming obligations that allow players to set deposit and play-time limits and self exclusions for a given period.
- Operators who do not have an MGA licence but hold one from a European Economic Area (EEA) or any other permitted jurisdictions must have a Recognition Notice to operate in Malta.
- Maltese casinos must pay a gambling tax based on their gaming revenue generated at the end of every financial year and payable monthly. This tax also depends on the licenses they hold and the revenue they get from Maltese players.
Malta Gambling Authority
In 2001, Malta established the Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) to regulate gambling houses and events and protect its citizens who choose to gamble. The country was one of the first to offer gambling licences, and when it joined the European Union in 2004, its economy grew largely due to its gambling laws.
MGA has been deemed the most trusted gambling regulatory body with fair gambling laws and flexible tax policies. It has two major functions;
- Issuing gambling licences to online and land-based casinos and game technology providers. To find out which ones have MGA licences or have had their licences revoked or are expired, visit the MGA website and look up the list of supported casinos.
- Ensuring safe casino gameplay in Malta. The body does this by enforcing strict laws on gambling houses and monitoring them to ensure they follow these laws. Licences can be seized or cancelled if they do not comply. The MGA also promotes responsible gambling, prevents underage gambling, and protects players’ interests concerning financial matters.
Types Of MGA Casino Licenties
You know that MGA regulates all games of chance in Malta, including those for online games and land-based casinos. To do this, they provide casinos with different licences depending on their service. If you wonder what types of licences this reputable gambling giant offers, read on to find out more.
- Class 1 – This licence permits casinos to offer games of chance and lotteries played against the house. These games must require a Random Number Generator (RNG)to determine the outcome.
- Class 2 – Casinos that offer games of chance against the house that does not require an RNG need this licence. Games for this category must be part of a tournament or event, usually sports betting.
- Class 3 – This licence covers games of chance that are not played against the gambling house but rather played by gamblers against themselves. For this type of game, the platform only retains a percentage of the wager placed on the game. Poker is one such game that requires this licence.
- Class 4 – This licence for game technology developers permits them to offer their products to casinos bearing an MGA licence.
Licences that fall under classes 1 to 2 cost gambling houses €100,000, while licences for classes 3 to 4 cost €40,000. Applying for multiple licences costs €240,000. The licences last for five years at a time.
Pay With iDeal in MGA Casinos
One major problem online gamblers face is the risk of losing money if their financial information is stolen. This can happen if there is a security breach on the platform. Some players are highly uncomfortable using banking methods that require them to submit their financial data. To mitigate this, they use e-wallets that require them to create accounts and make transfers from their banks into the virtual wallet.
Some other players use special methods like a user payment interface (UPI) to transfer money directly from their bank account easily. The iDeal online casino payment is one such service for making instant deposits. The best Malta online casinos allow this service for players to make transactions safely and securely within their online banking portals.
To use this payment method, players are not required to create new accounts. They simply need to ensure they have an account with one of the supporting banks. The process involves making a SEPA Credit Transfer that requires a two-factor authentication pin for authorization.
Players need to confirm that their preferred online casino in Malta accepts this method to use this payment option. You cannot use the online iDeal casino Malta payment for withdrawals, so choose one of the other methods to collect your winnings.
When depositing using this method, follow these simple steps;
- Log in to the online casino and head to the cashier section.
- Select deposit, and you will be redirected to another page for payments.
- Pick iDeal payments as your banking method, and you will be redirected to another page to select your bank.
- Authorize the payment using the 2FA pin you receive from your bank, and you can start playing games.
Yes, it is. Both land-based and online casino sites can operate legally in Malta if they hold a valid licence. The gambling regulatory body in Malta is the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), and it is controlled by the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Malta. All gambling houses operating within the island’s territory must get an MGA licence. You can complete financial transactions using multiple secure banking methods. These methods include bank transfers, e-wallets and prepaid cards like PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and the iDeal payment system. The best Maltese casinos are licenced by MGA, have strict responsible gambling policies, obey Malta’s gambling laws, and meet our seven criteria for selection. You can check our recommendation list above for the best platforms to play games in Malta. Yes, it is. There are strict gambling laws that all Malta online casinos must follow to remain in operation. These laws protect players’ interests and guarantee their safety. These platforms are also licenced by the Malts Gaming Authority (MGA), a reputable body that monitors their activities.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, it is. Both land-based and online casino sites can operate legally in Malta if they hold a valid licence. The gambling regulatory body in Malta is the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), and it is controlled by the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Malta. All gambling houses operating within the island’s territory must get an MGA licence.
You can complete financial transactions using multiple secure banking methods. These methods include bank transfers, e-wallets and prepaid cards like PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and the iDeal payment system.
The best Maltese casinos are licenced by MGA, have strict responsible gambling policies, obey Malta’s gambling laws, and meet our seven criteria for selection. You can check our recommendation list above for the best platforms to play games in Malta.
Yes, it is. There are strict gambling laws that all Malta online casinos must follow to remain in operation. These laws protect players’ interests and guarantee their safety. These platforms are also licenced by the Malts Gaming Authority (MGA), a reputable body that monitors their activities.